Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries.
Too much of the world’s wealth is held by a very small group of people. This often leads to financial and social discrimination. In order for nations to flourish, equality and prosperity must be available to everyone - regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs or economic status. When every individual is self sufficient, the entire world prospers.
- Reduce Income Inequalities
- Promote Universal Social, Economic and Political Inclusion
- Ensure Equal Opportunities and End Discrimination
- Adopt Fiscal and Social Policies that Promote Equality
- Improved Regulation of Global Financial Markets and Institutions
- Enhanced Representation for Developing Countries in Financial Institutions
- Responsible and Well-Managed Migration Policies
- Special and Differential Treatment for Developing Countries
- Encourage Development Assistance and Investment in Least Developed Countries
- Reduce Transaction Costs for Migrant Remittances
- Find a Goal 10 charity you want to support. Any donation, big or small, can make a difference! See the "Get Involved" section above.
- Does everyone at your place of work have access to healthcare? Find out what your rights are to work. Fight against inequality.
- Raise your voice against any type of discrimination. Everyone is equal regardless of their gender, race, sexual orientation, social background and physical abilities.
- Run a voting registration campaign. One of the issues contributing to rising inequalities is caused by the lack of representation of minorities and underprivileged groups in government. You can run a voting registration education in these groups to raise their engagement and representation in institutions of power.
- Visit local shelters, orphanages or minority community centers and organize a conversation space to discuss the importance of these rights or volunteer there regularly.
- Support migrants and refugees in your communities. Volunteer in a local refugee camp. Gather or donate the appliances, food, clothes needed.
- Favor companies that are inclusive. Check the lists of the companies that are inclusive for different minorities through employment there or their products.
- Stay informed. Follow your local news and stay in touch with the Global Goals online or on social media at @TheGlobalGoals.