Life on Land
Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
A flourishing life on land is the foundation for our life on this planet. We are all part of the planet’s ecosystem and we have caused severe damage to it through deforestation, loss of natural habitats and land degradation. Promoting a sustainable use of our ecosystems and preserving biodiversity is not a cause. It is the key to our own survival.
- Conserve and Restore Terrestrial and Freshwater Ecosystems
- End Deforestation and Restore Degraded Forests
- End Desertification and Restore Degraded Land
- Ensure Conservation of Mountain Ecosystems
- Protect Biodiversity and Natural Habitats
- Promote Access to Genetic Resources and Fair Sharing of the Benefits
- Eliminate Poaching and Trafficking of Protected Species
- Prevent Invasive Alien Species on Land and in Water Ecosystems
- Integrate Ecosystem and Biodiversity in Governmental Planning
- Increase Financial Resources to Conserve and Sustainably Use Ecosystem and Biodiversity
- Finance and Incentivize Sustainable Forest Management
- Combat Global Poaching and Trafficking
- Find a Goal 15 charity you want to support. Any donation, big or small, can make a difference! See the "Get Involved" section above.
- Reduce your use of paper. Avoid printing and substitute it with electronic devices or carriers.
- Don’t shop for pets! Visit your local animal shelter and adopt an animal there.
- Don’t buy products tested on animals: Check the labels on the products you buy.
- Recycle paper, glass, plastic, metal and old electronics.
- Compost. Composting food scraps can reduce climate impact while also recycling nutrients.
- Clean your local parks and forests. Organise your own or join an existing clean-up event to sustain the ecosystem of your local green space.
- Don't use pesticides. To protect and sustain the quality of soil, don’t use chemicals while growing plants.
- Volunteer with street animal organizations or shelters: Help to sustain diversity and save lives of animal species by volunteering in organizations helping these pets as well as endangered species.
- Stay informed. Follow your local news and stay in touch with the Global Goals online or on social media at @TheGlobalGoals.