Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
Compassion and a strong moral compass is essential to every democratic society. Yet, persecution, injustice and abuse still runs rampant and is tearing at the very fabric of civilization. We must ensure that we have strong institutions, global standards of justice, and a commitment to peace everywhere.
- Reduce Violence Everywhere
- Protect Children from Abuse, Exploitation, Trafficking and Violence
- Promote the Rule of Law And Ensure Equal Access to Justice
- Combat Organized Crime and Illicit Financial and Arms Flows
- Substantially Reduce Corruption and Bribery
- Develop Effective, Accountable and Transparent Institutions
- Ensure Responsive, Inclusive and Representative Decision-Making
- Strengthen the Participation in Global Governance
- Provide Universal Legal Identity
- Ensure Public Access to Information and Protect Fundamental Freedoms
- Strengthen National Institutions to Prevent Violence and Combat Terrorism and Crime
- Promote and Enforce Non-Discriminatory Laws and Policies
- Find a Goal 16 charity you want to support. Any donation, big or small, can make a difference! See the "Get Involved" section above.
- Speak up! Ask your local and national authorities to engage in initiatives that don’t harm people or the planet.
- Know your rights at work. In order to access justice, knowing what you are entitled to will go a long way.
- Vote! Take advantage of your right to elect the leaders in your country and local community.
- Run for a public post.
- Stay informed. Follow your local news and stay in touch with the Global Goals online or on social media at @TheGlobalGoals.