Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
Hunger is the leading cause of death in the world. Our planet has provided us with tremendous resources, but unequal access and inefficient handling leaves millions of people malnourished. If we promote sustainable agriculture with modern technologies and fair distribution systems, we can sustain the whole world’s population and make sure that nobody will ever suffer from hunger again.
- Universal Access to Safe and Nutritious Food
- End All Forms of Malnutrition
- Double the Productivity and Incomes of Small-Scale Food Producers
- Sustainable Food Production and Resilient Agricultural Practices
- Maintain the Genetic Diversity in Food Production
- Invest in Rural Infrastructure, Agricultural Research, Technology and Gene Banks
- Prevent Agricultural Trade Restrictions, Market Distortions and Export Subsidies
- Ensure Stable Food Commodity Markets and Timely Access to Information
- Find a Goal 2 charity you want to support. Any donation, big or small, can make a difference! See the "Get Involved" section above.
- Buy local and in-season food. Try to grow some of your own food.
- Don’t waste food. Freeze fresh produce and leftovers if you don’t have the chance to eat them before they go bad.
- Buy Funny Fruit—many fruits and vegetables are thrown out because their size, shape, or color are not “right”. Buying these perfectly good funny fruit, utilizes food that might otherwise go to waste.
- Consume less meat and become vegetarian for one day a week. The meat production industry has a huge impact on the environment.
- Take action with the World’s Largest Lesson on Goal 2.
- Stay informed. Follow your local news and stay in touch with the Global Goals online or on social media at @TheGlobalGoals.