Decent Work and Economic Growth
Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
Economic growth should be a positive force for the whole planet. This is why we must make sure that financial progress creates decent and fulfilling jobs while not harming the environment. We must protect labour rights and once and for all put a stop to modern slavery and child labour. If we promote job creation with expanded access to banking and financial services, we can make sure that everybody gets the benefits of entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Sustainable Economic Growth
- Diversify, Innovate and Upgrade for Economic Productivity
- Promote Policies to Support Job Creation and Growing Enterprises
- Improve Resource Efficiency in Consumption and Production
- Full Employment and Decent Work with Equal Pay
- Promote Youth Employment, Education and Training
- End Modern Slavery, Trafficking and Child Labour
- Protect Labour Rights and Promote Safe Working Environments
- Promote Beneficial and Sustainable Tourism
- Universal Access to Banking, Insurance and Financial Services
- Increase Aid for Trade Support
- Develop a Global Youth Employment Strategy
- Find a Goal 8 charity you want to support. Any donation, big or small, can make a difference! See the "Get Involved" section above.
- Organize a mentoring program. Invite people with experience in a certain field to create a mentoring group that will help young people better prepare for their future jobs.
- Be a conscious consumer – if something is cheap it is likely to be hurting people or the planet in some way.
- Know your rights at work. In order to access justice, knowing what you are entitled to will go a long way.
- Read about workers in other countries and business practices. Talk to your colleagues about these issues.
- Buy from local producers. Support local economic growth by choosing to buy from local producers and businesses.
- Stay informed. Follow your local news and stay in touch with the Global Goals online or on social media at @TheGlobalGoals.