Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
Eradicating poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice and the key to unlocking an enormous human potential. Still, nearly half of the world’s population lives in poverty, and lack of food and clean water is killing thousands every single day of the year. Together, we can feed the hungry, wipe out disease and give everyone in the world a chance to prosper and live a productive and rich life.
- Eradicate Extreme Poverty
- Reduce Poverty by at Least 50%
- Implement Social Protection Systems
- Equal Rights to Ownership, Basic Services, Technology and Economic Resources
- Build Resilience to Environmental, Economic and Social Disasters
- Mobilize Resources to Implement Policies to End Poverty
- Create pro-poor and gender-sensitive policy frameworks
- Find a Goal 1 charity you want to support. Any donation, big or small, can make a difference! See the "Get Involved" section above.
- Donate what you don’t use. Local charities will give your gently used clothes, books and furniture a new life.
- Support campaigns collecting items for victims of emergencies. Donate your clothes, food supplies etc. to support those in need.
- Poverty still persists in every country. Over 8% of the world population lives in extreme poverty. Lend your voice to the fight against extreme poverty.
- Stay informed. Follow your local news and stay in touch with the Global Goals online or on social media at @TheGlobalGoals.